Attributes allow you to create variations on a single product to allow the customer to choose options such as Size or Color, or to allow customers to add extra options to an item. An attribute can also add or subtract from the total cost of the item. For example, you might create an attribute such as: Extra Cheese, add $5.
Follow the steps below to create and apply attributes.
- While adding or editing a product item, click on the Attributes link in the page's top navigation.
- Click Add Attribute Category.
- Enter the title or name of the attribute in the Attribute Category field. For example: Color.
- Enter the name of the first attribute choice in the field labeled Attribute 1 (this number will increase as you add attributes, for example: Option 2, Option 3, etc.), then choose how the attribute will affect the price of the product.
Same Price means that the price will not be altered by the addition of this attribute.
Increase By means that choosing this attribute will increase the price of the item by the amount entered in the field to the right.
Decrease By means that choosing this attribute will increase the price of the item by the amount entered in the field to the right.
- If you want to add another attribute option, click Add again and repeat step 4. Do this as many times as necessary until you have entered all the attribute options that will be offered under the Attribute Category.
- Click Add Attribute Category to add the next Attribute. Repeat these steps as many times as necessary to add all of your product attributes for each product. StoreFront supports the use of unlimited attributes.
- When you are finished entering attributes, click the Submit button.