Follow the instructions below to add a Category to your web store. You will then be able to use the new Category to organize your inventory, and customers will be able to search your web store's inventory using the new Category. A new Category link will also appear in your Left Navigation Bar, that, when clicked on, will output a catalog page listing all items in the Category.
- Open your web store's Merchant Tools in a browser. Click the Store Inventory link, then select Add under the Categories heading.
- Enter the name of the new Category in the Name field. This will be the same name that customers will be able to search your inventory by, and which will appear in your Left Navigation Bar.
- If you wish, enter a brief description of the Category in the Description field. Customers will never have access to this information; it is for your reference only.
- Enter the path to an image that you would like to use as the default image for products in this category. The Category image will be displayed if a product item in the Category doesn't have an image of its own. If you need help selecting an image, click the folder icon to the right of this field. This will open the Image Selecter.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page when you are finished. Repeat these steps for each Category you wish to add.